Sunday, July 20, 2008

WALL-E

Kevin saw his first movie today! We took him and his older brother to see WALL-E. He actually managed to sit through the entire movie (while wiggling on my husband's lap) and seemed to enjoy it. He tried to repeat the sounds of all the robots, which I found quite amusing. It was a good thing the theater was pretty empty, because otherwise the people might have been annoyed with him. I, of course, found it amazing that he could make the robotic squiggle voice (I have no idea how to describe it, but if you have seen the movie, then you know what I am talking about.)

Other than that, things are just progressing along here. Kevin has really enjoyed school these past few weeks, which is a huge relief! I am still in his classroom, but he does so well when I am in there that I have no desire to leave and make him all upset again. He is such a good listener and follows the teacher's directions really well. I am quite amazed at how much he does at just 2 years old. I hope this is setting the stage for a good academic career!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

How exciting that Kevin can enjoy the movies and mimic the sounds, even if it is a robot! My grown son loved this movie, too!

Drew's Mom said...

Oh, I'm so glad that your Wall-E experience was better than ours! I saw Wall-E build one cube of trash and then spent the next 90 minutes walking around the lobby!