Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And the scores are in....

Kevin had his first language assessment since he got his CIs last week and today I got the results. Kevin is measuring cognitively at 24 months, receptive language at 20 months, and expressive at 18-20 months. Kevin is only 19 months!!! Wooo hoooooo! Now, this isn't a speech evaluation, which would assess articulation, but his understanding and use of language is way beyond my wildest expectations at such a young hearing age. I am so proud of him. I guess this hard work from everyone, especially Kevin, is paying off.

3 comments:

Landon's Mom said...

Wow - that is wonderful. Sounds like you are doing a great job with Kevin. It gives hope to us just starting out to know all this work does actually make a difference. I just found your blog and wanted to know if it was okay to put a link to it on our blog. Thanks.
Jen
www.buzzsjourney.blogspot.com

Cloggy said...

Wonderful to hear about Kevin - and your - story in the magical world of CI.

Even though we (talking as the parent of a child with CI) we know it is going well, it is great when it is officially confirmed.

Keep bloggin!

Kristen said...

Hi Jen.
Sure, feel free to use Kevin's blog in your own. Can I do the same? I've been keeping up with Landon's progress via the forums and it sounds like he is doing great!
Kristen