Sunday, October 14, 2007

Gymnastics party



Yesterday, Kevin attended his brother's friend's birthday party at a gymnastics place. There were trampolines, bounce house, swings, foam pits, and much more there. I was curious how Kevin would do there because I am planning on enrolling him in classes there next month, and I am please to announce that he did fantastic! He loved every minute of it!!! He followed the directions of the teacher very well, was just as into everything as his brother's 3 year old friends, and the best of all..... his ears never came off once!!! Not with the jumping, foam pitting, or bounce house!!! Can you believe it! The wig tape really holds them on well. I am just so pleased!

On the way out, he and his brother were going ahead of me and I said, 'wait, stop and hold my hand in the parking lot'. Kevin stopped, turned, and held out his hand. I didn't even know he knew that phrase. I never 'taught' that one. It continues to amaze he how much incidental language he is picking up! He is doing soooo well!!!

I also came to the realization that Kevin has the personality that he will NEVER be left out of anything. He was right there with the big kids and wasn't phased by anything. He is fiercly independent and will not let anything get in his way. While this might pose a challenge for me in raising him, I think it is a great characteristic to have giving his hearing loss. I just couldn't be happier with how he managed the party yesterday. These little 'triumphs' just keeps me beaming!!! Yea!

This pictures are of Ethan and Kevin at a pumpkin patch earlier in the day. I just thought they were too cute!!!

No comments: