Thursday, June 19, 2008

Go Dog Go and O'Tootles

Kevin continues to talk and talk and talk! He just loves the fact that he can say so much! The other day, my husband and I were talking about the books that we read Kevin versus the ones that we read our other (hearing) son at the same age. Our other son was very advanced verbally for his age, so the books he enjoyed were more advanced. Kevin still reads mainly simple 'board' books, but the length of the books are increasing. He loves 'Mr. Brown can Moo', 'There's a wocket in my pocket', and 'ABC book'. (He is almost 27 months) So, I decided to read him one of my other son's favorites when he was 2 years old, 'Go Dogs Go'. This is somewhat simple book, but lengthy. Kevin loved it wanted to read it again! I was so excited because up until recently, he could hardly sit still for a book and how he wants to read long ones! He seemed to understand the book too! I was very encouraged by this!

Today, my kids were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on tv. I was in the other room and I heard Mickey tell the kids to say 'O'Tootles' and then I heard Kevin yell 'O'Tootles'! I got such a kick out of him getting so into the tv. This is one show that really seems to capture his attention. It is nice to know that he hears and understands what the tv says! Yes, life is pretty normal for us right now!!! I couldn't be happier! :)

2 comments:

Ben's Mom said...

Hi, I am a mom of a deaf infant going through the CI process. I was wondering if it would be OK to link your blog from ours for our son, Ben. I have learned a lot from reading yours.
Thanks. My blog is www.bensbigfamily.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Hi. Of course you can link Kevin's blog to yours. Please let me know if you have any questions along the way!