Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Preschool and Wisconsin

Kevin is growing up! Today he moved from his 'baby and me' class at his oral-deaf school into the preschool classroom. He probably should have done this a while ago, but I have been hesitant to have him be with the 'big' kids. Well, he is now one of those big kids. He fit right in and did great! I stayed in the room today and will slowly leave him over the next few weeks. He doesn't like being too far from me and so I think this might be a gradual process. We only go to the school once a week, so he isn't there all the time to really get comfortable with it. I was so proud of Kevin of how well he did today! I think he is really going to excel in this class!

We also got confirmation that Kevin is going to Madison, Wisconsin for a CI study. I know a lot of kids from the CICircle have attended this research project and I am happy that Kevin is going to be able to participate. I want him to help with CI research as much as possible to help further the technology and help other children benefit from CIs. I am so thankful that he has the opportunity to do this. We don't leave until June, but I think it will be a fun trip.

No comments: