Thursday, February 15, 2007

6 days until activation!

I am very behind on posting! Kevin was bilaterally implanted with Cochlear Implants on January 29. We chose the Freedom processor. Dr. Roberson did an outstanding job with the surgery and we just couldn't be happier with how everything is turning out so far. Kevin will be activated in 6 days, which means that will be the first time he will able to hear. I just can't believe it!!!

When I stop to think how much has happened the last 3 months, since he was offiicially diagonsed, it just makes my head spin. I am relieved to finally be on this side of things and feel like we are moving forward. I look forward to the day when we can just lead a normal life.

I am so excited for Kevin to be able to hear and I know he will do great! Hopefully I will be better about blogging.... I know getting the word out about cochlear implants is very important and I want to do my part to educate everyone on this miracle technology!!!

No comments: